Friday, February 6, 2015

Menu and Exercise (02/02) recap

This past week has been very difficult for me, and because of that I was not able to exercise once this week.  I know one week does not make or break a healthy lifestyle but I feel as if I'm missing something because I have not sweat at all in the past seven days.  I was so happy that was able to plan a few meals because the snow storm and the impromptu trip for work.

Here is a recap of this weeks meals and exercise (or lack of exercise)

Menu-

  • In honor of Super Bowl I made my famous honey BBQ chicken wings.  These wings are not fried but bake in the oven then tossed with my homemade honey BBQ sauce. 
  • Baked whole chicken, I like doing the whole chicken because it last the entire week and it has both dark and white meat.
  • Oven roasted cauliflower (my son love this) I season with salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary and basil before roasting.
  •  Made a bowl of green salad top with cranberries and walnut.

Exercise ( or lack of)

The only day this week that I did any exercise was on Monday when I dug my car out of nine inches of snow before I had to leave for work. Mind you, I do not do physical activities at 6 in the morning because I have very long and stressful work days.  In my mind that 45 minutes of shoveling was worth at least two days of vigorous exercise.

Wednesday was my mother's birthday so I skipped my Body Pump session to celebrate her special day with her. I don't think I have met another person who loves their birthday as much as she does.

Unfortunately, I had to travel for work Thursday and after driving for seven hours all I want to do was sleep, which is what I did.  I was still feeling the effects of driving so I passed up by beloved Pilates session a my bed.


What were you triumphs and challenges this week?


Fitness Friday

2 comments:

  1. What's great is working out has become such a way of life for you that you don't feel right if you don't do it. That's a great place to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really a great place to be.... I'm energized and happy these days.

      Delete