Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Menu and Exercise Schedule (01/26)

The blizzard of 2015 will have NYC shutdown for a couple of days; even though I live in the northeast USA I hate snow.  My gym sent out an email stating that they will be close for the next three days, which sucks big time.  Anyway I plan to get in all my exercise this week because I won't let the wretched white stuff foil my healthy lifestyle goals.

 Exercise-

Monday - 30 minutes Biggest Loser high intensity workout
Tuesday- 2 1/2 hour spent shovelling snow ( this counts, right?)
Wednesday- 40 cardio workout from Popsugar
Thursday- circuit 1 and 2 of Jillian's 30 day shred
Friday- 1 hour Pilates
Saturday- Rest
Sunday- Rest

Who would have thought that I could be this discipline to plan and actually execute at home workouts? No me for sure but when you get goal focused all things are possible.

 Menu-

Getting snowed in is no joke so soup was definitely on the menu for this week.
- a big pot of lamb and barley soup with potatoes and carrots (thanks Mom)
- Baked Salmon ( my sons favorite thing to eat)
- Curried chicken (Jamaican style)
- Pasta with broccoli, cauliflower squash
- oven fried chicken tenders


I'm finding it quite easy to prepare easy meals that the entire family.

What are your game plans for getting to your fitness and health goals?





4 comments:

  1. I need your recipe for that Lamb and barley soup! It sounds sooo good!

    Thanks for joining the #fitnessFriday movement chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KLP I use a beef barley recipe I found on www.allrecipes.com and replaced the beef with lamb. I'll try to post a recipe with the changes I made soon.

      Delete
  2. yummmy I love pasta! And yes we need the recipe girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydz, my son a bigger pasta lover like you

      Delete