Monday, December 15, 2014

Wash day- Week Five (winter blues)

My wash days have become very easy and maybe a little boring.  I try to use different products each wash day to keep the excitement alive but it is slowly dying.  The first five or six months of my healthy hair journey I was super excited to wash my hair and style it; but now it feels like a chore just to get it started.  It maybe the winter blues and the understanding that I have wear my hair pinned up or curly so as not to damage the ends.  Anyway enough of my lamentations.

Here is how this weeks wash day went;


Prepoo with Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream and coconut oil under my conditioning cap for thirty minutes.  I allowed my hair to cool the rinsed with warmed water.

Shampooed with Optimum Oil Therapy as usual I only lather once before rinsing with warm water.  I love this shampoo because it not only lather but it does not leave my hair feeling dry and hard.

Tea rinsed with my black tea by pouring it over my head repeatedly for about five minutes  before rinsing wit cold water.



Deep conditioned with Creme of Nature Intensive conditioning treatment under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes. I then allowed my hair to cool for close to fifteen minutes before rinsing with warm water followed my cold water.

T-shirt dry my hair for about an hour before applying my leave ins in and moisturizers.

Leave ins- Creme of nature strength and shine leave in conditioner and Crecepelo leave in conditioner followed by Ettenio Mangoshea moisturizer and OGX coconut milk annti breakage serum.  After which I roller set with twelve 2 inch rollers.  The following morning I pinned the back up with a side swept bangs.



I need to get this hair into a long term style for the winter because it is not only getting dry but the hair at my nape getting tangled whenever I wear a coat.  I might do some crochet braids after the holidays.

What are some of your go to styles for winter?  



The Wash Day Experience




10 comments:

  1. My wash day has become super boring, but yours is so much more exciting than mine.
    I get you about tangles with coat wearing, am having the same problem, and the detangling isn't fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom actually bought that same Creme of Nature product! I love it, but it doesn't really work for her. I've been borrowing a little every now and then ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time using it not sure I like it but will use it a few more times before I get a good feel.

      Delete
  3. My wash days are always boring but hey as long as your hair is happy that's all that matters. Can you do some reviews on some of the Ettenio products you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your view, I must say my hair is not bored so that is a positive. I will certainly do a review of a few my Ettenio products.

      Delete
  4. My wash days seem long and boring too. Definitely don't look forward to them as much as I did when I started my hair journey. I've been mostly rocking buns, but i'm not too creative in the styling department. Crochet braids would be a great protective style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could wear buns but I get a headache from having my hair pulled up even when I have it super loose.

      Delete
  5. My grandmother always wears these fabulous silk pashmina scarves in the winter time wrapped around her shoulders. I finally asked her why and she told me that its to keep her hair from tangling. BRILLIANT right? Maybe that would work for you!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRILLANT! I always saw the old ladies with that particular fashion but never thought it had a purpose. I'm gonna rock this old lady style this winter.

      Delete