Monday, December 29, 2014

Wash Day- Last wash day 2014

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed spending time with the family as much as I did.

 I am currently seven weeks post, which is wonderful  compare to years past when I would get a touch-up at six weeks because I have too much new growth.  These days seven weeks has me saying I just relaxed my hair without even realizing that it is almost two months ago.  This wash day was a little extended because I did not do a mid week co-wash due to having too much fun.

Here is how this wash day went:


Prepoo- Detangled with my oil mix (olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, Vitamin E oil, a few drops of peppermint and tea tree oil) before adding my beloved Cantu shea butter conditioning repair cream.  I then covered my head with a plastic cap and my conditioning cap for 45 minutes ( at this point I smelled like peppermint); after my hair was cold I rinsed with warm water to ensure I get most of the oils out.

Shampoo-  Apply Creme of Nature sunflower & coconut detangling shampoo to each section making sure that I pay attention to my scalp.  This was to ensure I did not have oil residue left on my scalp.  I then rinsed with warm water until I was confident that all the oil residue was gone.

Tea Rinse-  Tea rinsed with my black tea brew by pouring it repeatedly over my head for roughly five minutes. I normally use four bags and two cups of water to make the brew but this wash day I used six to make it stronger hoping it will help slow down the shedding.  After allowing the excess to run off, I rinsed with cool water.

Deep Condition-  Deep conditioned with Ettenio Cocolicious balancing penetration conditioner for 45 minutes under my conditioning cap.   This conditioner smells so good; good enough to eat, anyway this is a great conditioner. After my hair was cool I rinsed with warm water. My hair was feeling a  little dry so I followed up with Loreal total repair damage erasing balm for five minutes before rinsing with cool water.

Leave-in and Moisturizer- T-shirt dry for ten minutes for applying creme of nature strength and shine leave in conditioner.  I then allowed my hair to air dry for about fifteen minutes before applying Ettenio Moisture milk followed by OGX coconut milk anti breakage serum.  I roller set with roughly twenty 2 inch rollers.


My hair was so soft an bouncy when I took the rollers out, I just might add a extra conditioning step to my wash day during the winter months.


Thanks for allowing my to share my #washdayexperience with you.

Happy New Year!




The Wash Day Experience


4 comments:

  1. I think I need to make my tea rinse mixture stronger as well. I've been experiencing a lot of shedding recently. It sounds like you had a successful wash day!

    Happy New Year!

    http://adventuresofanappychica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont like the scent of the ettenio moisture milk. No matter how good it works it could not go in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shantel you are right the smell takes getting use to.

      Delete