Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Wash Day- Four weeks post and rocking

After last weeks marathon wash day I made sure I did my mid week co-wash and kept my hair moisturized. I skipped my black tea rinse this wash because I forgot to brew it before the wash day process began. This was a very successful wash day even though I fell asleep with wet hair and had big hair the next day.


Here are the details:

Prepoo with Loreal total repair 5 conditioner and ORS vital oil mix (grapeseed and almond oil).  I warmed the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds before applying it to my hair, I then left it on for 25 minutes before rinsing with warm water.


Shampooed with OGX awapuhi ginger shampoo, this is my first time using this shampoo, but I was not disappointed. It was creamy and I did not need to use a lot to get a lather and it smells heavenly. After working up lather and I rinsed with warmed water and wrapped with t-shirt.


Deep Condition- Using Motions Deep Conditioning Masque under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes.  Got this conditioner in my Onyx box and I am loving the deep conditioned feeling I get when I use it.  After allowing my hair to cool I rinsed with warmed water followed by cool water to close the cuticles.


T-shirt dry for twenty minutes before before applying leave ins and moisturizer.

Leave-in and moisturizer- Cream of nature strength and shine leave in conditioner, Ettenio twenty-four 7 leave in treatment, ORS hair lotion and OGX coconut milk anti-breakage serum.  After applying my leave ins and moisturizer I decided to let my hair dry at least 80 percent.  however that did not work out that because I fell asleep and did not wake up until my alarm went off.

To have so semblance of a hair do I section my hair into eight and blow dry on warm the roots and add flexi rods to give some curls.  I was not I complete disaster but let me tell you I had my my own version of the poof.

At the end of the day I moisturized  and seal before apply roughly 20 perm rods.  I guess a second attempt is necessary at time.

How was your wash day? 



The Wash Day Experience

5 comments:

  1. I tried the Organix Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo and it dried the mess out of my hair. My hair felt so stripped and my breakage increased from using. Glad to see that it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you have such a bad experience using it

      Delete
  2. My wash day went much better than the last. I actually co-washed this time around and my hair definitely thanked me. I've used the Awapuhi Ginger shampoo also. I didn't hate it, but it was ok. Btw I've had many a night of falling asleep with wet hair. LOL!

    lengtheninglocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always great to have a good wash day. LOL falling asleep with wet hair is the pits.

      Delete
  3. Hi there how are you finding the OGX serum?

    ReplyDelete