Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Product Review- Motions Deep Conditioning Masque

Cost- I got it in my WeareOnyx box but you can find it on Amazon or in you local Beauty supply store for around $6- $8

Claims/Blurb- Motions Deep Conditioning Masque is an intensive weekly treatment, with Shea butter coconut and avocado oils, that bounces back dry , parched curls to the manageable, re-hydrated ringlets you desire.

Ingredients- Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cyclohexasiloxine, Dimethicone, Aspartic Acid, Quaternium-18, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Isostearamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Citric Acid, PEG-9, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methlpropional, Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Linalool, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Panthenol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Silk Amino Acids, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Stearic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Ethylhexyl Methoxyoinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Ceramide 3.





Pros- This conditioner comes in a jar; personally I think all conditioners should be in jars.  It does not have a very over powering smell and the smell it does have goes away once all the conditioner is rinsed out.  I find it easy to apply because it is a very thin shampoo like consistency. 


Cons- Even though the consistency makes it easy to apply is also makes applying it a little messy because it is so runny.  This particular line is market directly to the curly girls; so bone straight hair may not do well with it.

My Take- I got three uses out of this 8 oz jar, I wish I got a fourth but such is life.  Anyway, I like this conditioner it left my hair feeling conditioned and the feeling lasted for days.  One of the biggest draw back for me is that it did not have a thicker consistency.  This conditioner is from their Natural textures line ; therefore it is geared towards my curly sisters.  I have mostly texlaxed hair so I think that's why it worked for me.  They tout the Shea, coconut and avocado oils mix but they were way down on the ingredients list, so I believe it is a come thither gimmick.   

Have you used this conditioner? What was your take?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this conditioner but I am certainly with you, I hate runny conditioners, it just doesn't feel right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it it does not last because I had to use a lot to see it on my hair.

      Delete