Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Menu and Exercise Schedule (12/15)

As the end of year clamors for my time and attention I find that my will power and attention to my calorie intake at times gets lost in the shuffle.  After having the hardest week I had in a very long time, I actually hit the grocery store with a friend no less.  This is significant because I prefer to grocery shop alone because I do need to concentrate on my list because I will leave to store without the essentials.  Anyway, it was a good trip and I got to cheer her up a bit from the ordeal she is going through.

My meal planning is getting more creative and easier as I put more thought into them.  This may be due to the fact that I am sharing it with you and i do hope to inspire and not bore you.  Anyway enough of my jobber jabber;

Here are my plans for this week-

Meals
  • Baked chicken legs, thighs and breast (for my son who does not eat dark meat)
  • Seasoned rice (this may be a Jamaican thing) this rice has carrots, pumpkin corn, onions and spices; It is delicious!
  • Baked Salmon for my son, this is his favorite thing to eat.
  • Turkey meatballs paired with vegetable spaghetti ( yep Barilla makes these).
  • for sides I  made a kale salad and steamed broccoli and cauliflower

I pack lunch for my son each day because he does not like the school lunch.  So I pack him hot lunch in his little lunch thermos; it I mostly pair the protein with pasta because I believe it is easier to eat from a thermos. 


Exercise-

Monday -  30 minutes of Zumba
Tuesday- 30 minutes of yoga
Wednesday- one hour Body Pump and 3 mile run on Treadmill
Thursday- Rest
Friday- one hour Pilates and 3 mile run on treadmill
Saturday-45 minutes workout with my biggest loser CD
Sunday- Rest


My schedule has changed so I can only make it to the gym on Wednesday and Friday so I try to get the most out of it, that's the reason I started doing running on those days.  I have not have quite a few exercise CD's so I have the tools to workout from home.  If I get bored with those I look for new routines on Youtube.


What are your health and fitness plans for this week?




Fitness Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment