Hair Knowledge- Year 1 of HHJ
- My hair does not like too much protein; I only use protein when I do a relaxer touch-up. This is the only time my hair does not rebel.
- I need to shampoo at least once per week so that my scalp does not get all itchy and antsy on me.
- Deep conditioner is a must even on co-wash day
- Even though Grapeseed oil works wonders on my hair, I cannot let it touch my skin or else it is rash city.
- My hair loves coconut oil and coconut milk.
- I have seen the mantra “with health comes length” and I thought I can do that. I find that focusing on taking care of you hair is more important than how much or how long it is. I have not done a length check since the very beginning of this journey.
- Shopping for new products to try is just as exciting as shopping for shoes and clothes.
- I could style my hair without a blow dryer and curling iron.
- My first wash day post was on July 4th simply title Wash day. At this point I was already six months into my hair journey and was comfortable with my techniques but was scared about advertising it to the world.
- My first #washdayexperience linkup was simply titled wash day- one week post. I was super excited that someone other than my lovely sister was interested in reading about my experience.
- My most viewed post of 2014 is Wash Day - "No Problem". The first wash day after a relaxer touch-up is always a drama free wash day.
- My worst wash day in 2014 was Wash Day- a tangled mess, it took me over an hour to detangled hair that I did not properly detangled before doing Bantu Knots.
- My favorite post of 2014 was Ettenio experience. I love their products.
2014 was a great year of learning and growing for my hair and this blog.