Sunday, November 23, 2014

Wash day - Two Weeks Post

Last week my curls were such an hit, I decided to rock them for the entire week.  I reset the ones that loss their curls but on average my style stayed the course.  Due to not combing of doing a co-wash I added an additional element to my wash day line -up; I used coconut to finger detangle before adding my prepoo.  There was a moment when I thought I was having excess shedding but quickly reconcile with the fact that I have not detangled of combed for six days.


Here is how it all went down:


I finger parted my hair into four sections before finger detangling with coconut oil, after each section  was detangled and oiled I plaited each section and covered with a plastic cap and satin cap overnight.

Prepoo with Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream under for conditioning cap for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water. The


Shampoo with creme of nature sunflower & coconut detangling conditioning shampoo; as usual i only later once before rinsing with warm water.

Tea rinsed with my black tea brew, I pour the mixture over my head repeatedly for about five minutes before rinsing with cold water.

Deep conditioned with Queen Helene hair conditioning cream under my conditioning cap for about an hour.  I deep conditioned that long because I lost track of time while prepping dinner.  When I finally got a hold of myself I rinsed out the deep conditioner with warm water and followed up with cold water to close the cuticle.


T-shirt dry for 15 minutes before applying leave in of Creme of nature strength &shine leave in conditioner and Ettenio Twenty four 7 and allowing to air dry 80%.  I then apply ORS hair lotion and OGX coconut milk anti breakage serum and blow dry on low.  Flexi rod set with three to four rods per section and call it a day.
















I love using coconut oil, but this was the first time I used it to detangle and it was definitely the first time I left it in my hair for so long.  The results were great after the initial detangling session I had very few shed hair for the rest of my wash.  My wash days are getting easier and I am enjoying the end much more than when I set out on this journey.

Unfortunately my curls did not last for more than an hour because I got caught in the rain and the wind destroyed what was left (oh well).

 I am now on the hunt for a new line up of deep conditioners. Do you have any recommendation?




The Wash Day Experience




4 comments:

  1. I love how your hair looks in those rods. I'm also on the look out for deep conditioners. Will follow your wash day post to hear what others recommend. What do you think of the Cantu Shea Butter as a leave in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cantu is a very great leave-in but it is too heavy for my very fine hair.

      Delete
  2. Awww I would have loved to see the outcome of the flexi rods. Plus you hair looks so shiny. Love!! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wish I had pictures. I had plan on taking them when I got to work but the rain go to it, so no pictures.

      Delete