Sunday, November 30, 2014

Wash Day- A tangled mess

This past week was a hit and miss when it came to hair care and hair style.  First, my lovely bouncy curls got wet and windswept before I even got to work.  I walk around for an entire day looking like a wet rat because I didn't have any hair pins on hand.  To correct the mess that mother nature left me with I did my first ever Bantu knots.

The Bantu knots came out better than I expected them to and I got oodles of compliments.   I moisture with Cantu Shea butter strengthening treatment and seal with grapeseed oil before doing the knots.  However, my second disaster can when it was time to detangle. I totally forgot to detangle before I did the Bantu knots and to top it off my ends needed a trim.

It took me almost an hour and a half to detangle with warmed coconut and grapeseed oil.  To detangle I soak each section ( six sections) with the oil mix finger detangle followed by a comb before twisting.

Here is how the rest of my wash day went-

Prepoo- After my detangling session was done I applied Cantu Shea Butter conditioning repair cream to each section and cover with a plastic cap and a head tie for and hour.  After allowing my head to cool down I rinsed with warm water.

Shampoo- Shampooed with Optimum oil therapy, as usual I only lather once.  I co-wash mid week so I shampoo on wash day.

Tea Rinse- I tea rinsed by pouring the black tea brew over my head several times and allowed it to sit for five minutes before rinsing with warm water.

Deep conditioned- I deep conditioned with Motions deep conditioning masque under a plastic cap, a head tie and a satin bonnet for 40 minutes.  I got this conditioner in my monthly We are Onyx box; this it the first time I am using it, I must say the results were favorable.  I will do a review on it once I have used it several more times, however it left my hair feeling conditioned.  After my allowing my hair to cool, I rinsed with warm water followed by a quick cold water rinse.

 Leave-in- T-shirt dry for roughly ten minutes before apply Aphogee provitamin leave in conditioner and air dry to 90 percent.  Sprayed a few times with Creme of Nature strength and shine leave in conditioner  before moisturizing with ORS hair lotion.



 I then apply OGX coconut oil serum and roller set with about sixteen 1 1/2 and 2 inch rollers.









Even with all the tangles it was a great wash day .  How was your  #washdayexperience?




The Wash Day Experience

2 comments:

  1. Whew! What a detangling session! Sorry you had to go through so much with your hair this week. Hopefully your hair will rebound so that you can have a much better experience this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristal, I'm taking steps to ensure a smooth wash day.

    ReplyDelete