Sunday, November 16, 2014

Wash Day- "No Problem"

I love the first wash day after a relaxer touch up because there is virtually no challenge.  This wash day I decided to use all my favorite products to keep with the theme"no problem".  So for this wash day I used Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream, Creme of Nature sunflower & coconut detangling conditioning shampoo, black tea rinse, Crecepelo deep conditioner, Creme of Nature strength & shine leave in conditioner, Ettenio creme de la creme daily moisturizer and OGX coconut milk anti breakage serum. As you ca see my hair has developed an eclectic taste.

Here are the details of my wash day:



Prepoo with Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream under my conditioning cap for twenty-five minutes, before rinsing with warm water  This is my favorite prepoo and I am happy to have it back in my product line-up.

Shampoo with creme of nature sunflower & coconut detangling conditioning shampoo.  I only lather once before rinsing with warm water.  This yet another of my favorite product, I love that it lathers at at the same leaves my hair soft and clean.




Tea rinsed with my black tea brew by pouring over my head repeatedly for about five minutes before rinsing with cold water.

Deep conditioned with Crecepelo and coconut oil under my conditioning cap for thirty- five minutes, after my hair was cooled I rinsed with warm water followed by cold water to seal the cuticles and lock in the moisture.  I love this conditioner it leaves my hair soft and thoroughly detangled.

Leave-In- Apply creme of nature strength &shine leave in conditioner and allowed my hair to air dry before applying Ettenio creme de la creme daily moisturizer and OGX coconut milk anti breakage serum.  I was not sure how I wanted to style my hair so I decided to do a perm rod set so I could have a curly do for the next few days.



I did not use any holding product because the rods are small and  I was worried they won't dry overnight.  As expect this was an fabulous wash day, hope to a few more like this.





 











How was your wash day? What were your triumphs or challenges?





The Wash Day Experience

15 comments:

  1. OMGOSH these curls!!!!! Love them! How did you like your "extreme deep condition"? I hear that technique!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....... I love it, even three days in with two days of working out it is still soft and my curls are still alive.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely heart your curls. Ok so, I love the Cantu conditioning cream for my leave in but have never tried it as a pre-poo. Have you ever tried it as a leave in and which does it work best for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried it as a leave in but it is too heavy for my hair, so it leaves it limp.

      Delete
    2. My hair loves it. My hair laughs at lighter leave-ins.

      Delete
    3. I'm jealous..... I have very fine strands

      Delete
  3. Your curls look fantastic. Do they sell Ettenio products outside of Jamaica?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I get it from IrieJamaicanTreats@gmail.com, I have ordered from them at least three times. You can also check out their face book page here https://www.facebook.com/IrieJamaicantreats

      Delete
  4. I keep telling myself I am going to try the cantu as a pre-poo. and your curls look great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..... it has become my favorite prepoo.

      Delete
  5. Your curls are so full of health. Good wash days are the best days

    ReplyDelete