- 2 Cups Pasta ( Shell or Rigatoni)
- 2 5oz can of Albacore solid white tuna in water ( or the pouch)
- 1/2 of an diced apple ( I typical use gala or honey-crisp)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup of chopped red and/or green peppers
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup of corn ( optional)
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- Italian seasonings ( basil, parsley, oregano and rosemary)
- 1/2 cup of vidalia onion vinegarette
- a dash of garlic powder
- Boil pasta for 8-10 minutes then drain
- In a skillet on low heat; heat olive oil before adding onions, tuna, peppers, Italian seasonings and garlic powder. Saute for about 2 to 3 minutes before adding carrots, cook for another minute before removing from heat.
- Add pasta to skillet and mix together; once thoroughly incorporated add apples, corn and vinegarette and mix together
The apples gives it a nice refreshing crunch and can be eaten cold or room temperature. I make this quite often because my son ask for it all the time.
Hope you find it as delicious as he does.