Monday, November 24, 2014

Menu and Exercise schedule (11/24)

 Happy Thanksgiving


This week is Thanksgiving, a day when families get together and eat all the delicious turkey, pies, stuffing , sides etc.  It is also a time for families to reconnect and talk, play games and watch football.  Thanksgiving is also the kick off of the eating season for most Americans, however as we get closer to Christmas it is also true for majority of the world.

I love the cakes, the pies, the sides; yes I go overboard and stuff myself silly on Thanksgiving day and the days following.  However, I made a promise to myself that this year I will not eat until I feel full.  I will visit the gym on Wednesday, Thursday (Thanksgiving Morning) and Friday, to ensure that I do not gorge out on all those delicious food and just sit on my couch.

So Here is the plan for this Thanksgiving Week:

Exercise

  • Monday- 45 minutes Zumba
  • Tuesday - 45 minutes high intensity Cardio
  • Wednesday- Circuit 1 and 2 of 30 day shred DVD (my gym is close in the afternoon so no Body pump for me)
  • Thursday- 3 mile run on the treadmill at the gym ( yeah my gym is open Thanksgiving Morning)
  • Friday- 1 hour Body Pump ( no black Friday shopping for me)
  • Saturday- 1 hour spin/cycling
  • Sunday Rest day 

Menu

  • Baked chicken with sauteed mushroom
  • Baked chicken and spring mix
  • Tuna apple wrap
  • Thanksgiving day (I'll have a bit of everything)
  • Leftovers
  • More leftovers

To all my wonderful readers who are celebrating Thanksgiving; Happy Thanksgiving.

As we embark upon this holiday season please remember moderation is key.  What healthy lifestyle do you have plan for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment