Wednesday, November 12, 2014

30 Days of Water- Challenge

So Just grow already and Relaxed Thairapy has challenge us to drink at least 32 ounces of water a day for 30 days.  While I have being practicing healthy eating habits I am also a soda drinker.  So for the past few weeks I would refill the soda bottle or can with water to ensure that I was drinking as much water as soda; which is good but not great.

I have accepted the challenge and added an extra component to it for my own benefit.  I will not drink any soda or carbonated drink during this 30 day challenge, just pure crystal punch (aka water). After looking into every cabinet in my kitchen I finally found my SeaWorld cup which (yes , yes) is 32 ounces to be exact.  Yeah for overprice mementos.

So while we know that water is good for the skin, hair, nails, kidneys, and the body on a whole; it had me wondering what are some of the fruits and vegetables that are high in H2O.  It almost got me thinking if I eating more of these fruits and vegetable would they work the same way as drinking water?

So after combing  through various post in the interweb, I found that most of the fruits and vegetables that we are familiar with actually have very high water content. So I will supplement my water intact with a combination of these fruits and vegetables.

Fruits                                        Vegetable

Watermelon                                Cucumber
Strawberry                                  Eggplant
Grapefruit                                   Spinach
Cantaloupe                                 Tomato
Peaches                                       Cabbage
Pineapple                                    Broccoli
Oranges
Apricots
Apple
Grapes
Pears

These are just a few of the fruits and vegetables that has high water content. 

Have you taken the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment