Sunday, October 12, 2014

Wash Day- Ten weeks post

The further I get away from my last relaxer, the challenges and triumphs ebbs and sways.   Therefore no two wash day is ever the same.  Last week I decided to change my wash day to a day when I was more rested and I think it was a great decision.

Recap of another great wash day:

Prepoo with Loreal total repair 5 conditioner, coconut oil and grapeseed oil under my conditioning cap for 10 minutes. I ran out of my Cantu repair cream which is my go to prepoo.  However, this mixture was great but did not give the slip I'm use to with the Cantu.  After allowing my hair to cool down I rinsed with warm water.

Shampoo with Optimum Oil Therapy ultimate recovery shampoo, I am so loving this shampoo.  I lathered once and rinsed with warm water. 

Tea rinsed with my black tea brew, by pour it over my head for roughly 5 minutes before rinsing with cold water.

Deep conditioned with crecepelo and coconut oil under my conditioning cap for 20 minutes.  I added the coconut oil to the conditioner because this conditioner leaves my hair so soft and fluffy and the coconut oil will add some weight. After my hair was cool I rinsed with warm water followed my cold water to close the cuticles. 




Leave-in - T-shit dry for 20 minutes before applying  Aphogee provitamin leave in conditioner.  I allowed my hair to air dry for about an hour then apply Crecepelo leave in conditioner and OGX coconut milk anti breakage serum and roller set. 

I am taking the no heat challenge for October so I just left the rollers in for the rest of the day to allow my hair to fully dry.  I use mostly 1 inch rollers so I had great curls and bouncy hair.

How was your wash day?

8 comments:

  1. I landed an emergency wash day yesterday. It was pretty good. I hope you do well with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy that your emergency wash day went well. Thanks for the support; with ten weeks new growth I will be support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot for #noheat! I used to love Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave in. I noticed that you use it and conjunction with another leave in. Any reason why?

    Thanks for sharing yoru #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! The reason I do is, my hair tends to get really big without heat and the Aphogee is light so I wanted a heavier leave in. I didn't want to look as if I stuck my hand into a socket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to try that L'oreal conditioner. The balm from the same line is pretty good. Your the second person that I've seen using the Cantu as a pre-poo treatment, I just might have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really great as a prepoo; I cant use it as a leave in because it is too heavy for my fine strands.

      Delete
  6. Yay for joining the no heat challenge. Bouncy curls for the win!

    ReplyDelete