Monday, October 20, 2014

Wash Day- No Fanfare

This wash very similar to the last wash with a few tweaks here and there but all in all a great wash day.

 I had one big hurdle this wash day and its name is tangle, this happens because I was too lazy to add some rollers or even a few flexi-rods to to wet gym hair.  My hair and I have a love hate relationship and this past week I was hating it, so I just slap in a banana clip mid week and that was it, but I paid the consequence.

So here is a recap of my wash day detangling and all.

Prepoo with Loreal repair 5 conditioner , coconut oil and grapeseed oil.  I warmed both oils before I adding them to the conditioner. Last week I found that the oils did not blend well  with the conditioner, therefore my hair did not get the benefit. Covered with a plastic cap for about 30 minutes before detangling and rinsing with warm water. I got the slip I was missing last time and detangling was a breeze.


Shampoo with Optimum Oil Therapy shampoo as usual I only lathered once before rinsing with warm water.

Tea rinse with my trusty black tea brew by pouring it over my head for about five minutes before rinsing with cold water.  I found a gray hair this past week so hopefully it got a little darker like the rest of my hair.

Deep condition with the last of the Crecepelo and coconut oil.   Since it was getting late I put on a plastic cap, a head tie, a satin cap and went to bed; my thought was my hair will get conditioned while my body rest.  Three hours later I woke up and wash the conditioner out with warm water followed my cold water. I tied my hair with a t-shirt put my satin cap on and went back to bed.

Leave-in-  I woke up a few hours later and add Creme of Nature Argan oil strength and shine leave in conditioner and further detangled.  I followed with crecepelo leave- in conditioner and OGX coconut milk anti breakage serum and did a flexi rod set with roughly 20 flexi rods.


I notice I have way more new growth than all my previous stretch which is great. However, it had me retracing my steps this past few months to see what has change and the only thing changed was my exercise regimen.  This had me extremely excited.

So here is to the no heat challenge and a great wash day.



How was your wash day? Did you make any new strides?




12 comments:

  1. Our wash day routine is pretty much the same...especially the part where we get lazy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lazy... she sure has a way of getting to you. I am happy you had a good wash day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't stretch my hair after washing it last week and had the same problem TANGLES! #lessonlearned right? LOL. What color/size Flexis did you use for these curls? They're cute!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I added a picture of the one I used because I don't remember the sizes :)

      Delete
  4. Lazyness gets to all of us HHJ ladies sometimes. Your curls look great. How long do they last after the wash day?

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They typical last about three days but somethings I push i to four fuzz and all.

      Delete
  5. Talking about lazyness I have been to lazy to moisturise and seal I ended up spraying my leave in conditioner which has oils instead anytime my hair felt dry these last two weeks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv your results! The curls look really lovely! I really wish I had the patience to do a flexirod set. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think with practice they become easier to install; don't give up.

      Delete