Monday, September 29, 2014

Weight Loss- September In-review

At the begin of September I made the decision to up my exercise and diet regimen. The regimen I set for myself was to exercise 5 times per week and to continue the diet plan I had when I did the weight loss challenge.

Winning and Losing

When it comes to the exercise portion of this regimen I was spot on.  I exercised six days per week for the last three weeks, which for me was a great achievement.  However, with ever good you have the bad; I was not as consistent with my diet as I was with my exercise. I find that it is easier to dedicate and hour to exercise each day but it is extremely difficult to maintain a healthy eating habit 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Exercise recap

The new school year had began so my gym schedule has change yet again.  The joys of having a small child and having to coordinate pickup schedule.  Anyway, for now I exercise three days at the gym and three or two days at home.
My gym schedule includes one day of cycling, one day of kickboxing and one day of body pump ( this is a weights and toning class); after each class I do a one mile run on the treadmill.
My at home schedule consist of one day of high intensity cardio, one day of zumba and one day of interval cardio training.  My at home sessions last 40-45 minutes plus a 10 minute yoga session for cool down.

Diet Recap

My shakes are my life saver, I make one each morning and I either have it before I leave the house or take it with me to have on my way into work. Often it all goes downhill from there, because lunch it my biggest issue.  Even though I pack my lunch three out of five days I only remember to take it with me on average once per week.  So lunch has because what ever my co-workers are willing to pick up. I have a stack of healthy snacks at work however, the fruits are suffering the same faith as the lunch.
To save the day I have my lunch for dinner along with my fruits and somethings a shake if my dinner aka lunch was a salad.

Stats; per my weigh watchers scale

Weight loss - 1.8lbs
BMI-  down 2%
Body Fat- down 2.5%

I am happy with the gains I have made even with the challenges. I am going in the right direction and will certainly keep the same goals for October.  Maybe in October I will overcome my memory loss and be more successful with my diet. As I have heard over and over it is a marathon not a sprint, so I am prepared to be in this for the long haul.

How is your weight loss journey?


No comments:

Post a Comment