Sunday, September 7, 2014

Wash Day- Clay wash

This was day I decided to try something new which was a mineral clay wash.  I have done so many hours of research on the properties of clay washes and how to do a clay wash; Google must think I am a potter.  Anyway after seeing the #washdayexperience theme of trying something new, I bit the bullet and made a go at it.

This is how it went:


Prepoo with grapeseed oil, coconut oil and Cantu She Butter leave-in repair conditioner under conditioning cap for fifteen minutes. Rinsed with warm water before.



Apply Ettenio Detoxify Mineral Clay hair wash, left on my hair for fifteen minutes per directions. This is my first clay wash so not very sure what to expect.  I had expected it to feel like mud but it was not so; however, it had a odd smell.  This may be due to the black castor and aloe vera which were also included in this particular clay wash.  After the fifteen minutes was up I rinsed with warm water. I was pleasantly surprise, my hair felt soft and smooth.  Even though the direction was for me to apply leave-in after the clay wash, I chose to follow my regimen.  Ladies on you tube and on blogs have talked about the drying effect the day after and I did not want to have to wash two days in a row.
So I............


Coffee rinsed because I ran out of black and was not feeling up to shopping so I used my second best anti-shedding formula. I did the rinse by pouring the mix over my head for three minutes, then rinsed with cold water. 

Deep conditioned with Ettenio Cocolicious balancing conditioner under conditioning cap for 25 minutes.  Rinsed with warm and cold water to ensure I get all the product out and to close the cuticle.
T-shirt dry for ten minutes, before air drying for another thirty or so minutes.  It is way too hot to sit under my dryer so I wanted dry hair before I roller set.

After my hair was about 95% dry I applied leave-in of  cream of nature perfect 7,ORS oil moisturizing hair lotion and OGX coconut milk anti-breakage serum, before roller setting and calling it a night.  


Air Dry Close-Up



I normally have big hair for a few days after I air drying so hopefully it isn't too bad especially with the clay wash. I am certain I will give the clay wash another go before I can judge if it was a success or not.

How was your wash day?



No comments:

Post a Comment