Sunday, August 24, 2014

Wash Day


This wash day was a little fast and efficient but nevertheless great.

Prepoo with Cantu Shea Butter deep treatment masque with olive oil and grapeseed oil mixed in. I didn't like the Cantu deep treatment masque so was using it up to make space. I sat under my conditioning cap for 25 minutes, then rinsed with warm water.

Shampoo with ORS creamy aloe shampoo, I used a lot of product this past week and felt I need to get a good lather going.  As always ORS does not disappoint, my hair felt clean and gunk free.

Tea rinse with  black tea by pouring it over my head for 3-5 minutes then rinse with cold water.


Deep conditioned with Organics by Africa's Best hair mayonnaise under my conditioning cap for 30 minutes, (it my be more because I was talking to my mom).  Yes it is a protein treatment but love the softness and and strength my hair have after using this product.  Rinsed with warm water and t-shirt dry for 20 minutes.




Apply leave in of Creme of Nature Perfect 7 and OGX coconut milk antibreakage serum before detangling and putting my hair into four sections. Roller set each section with my 2-inch rollers ( I used 16 rollers in all) then sat under The Andis bonnet dryer for 35 minutes.  I had to DIY the dryer cap to fit over the rollers.
After 35 minutes my hair was completely dry, I the apply a few drops of Ettenio seal and shine and shine.






I think I am getting over my blow dryer addiction this is the third week I have not pulled it out.

Hope you had a great was day.



7 comments:

  1. Congrats on ditching the blower for 3 weeks!!! I'm a reformed heat addicted chica so I can totally relate to the way that feels! I want to know more about these Ettenio products!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexeperience!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby steps & congrats. You can do this...keep away from the blower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the blow dryer as well, nothing damages my hair more. But I'm glad to hear uve been off it and keep it up girll :) I've been eying the Ettenio line in Ja as well, hopefully one day I can try them out

    Hairlengthreality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going heatless is always a challenge when you an addict. Congrats on making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys for the support, I still miss my sleek blow dried hair but I am dedicated to getting over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ettenio is a hair care brand from Jamaica which only uses natural ingredients. I get my products from Irie Jamaican Treats (iriejamaicantreats@gmail.com)who is one of their US distributors.

    I love love all their products.

    ReplyDelete