Saturday, August 9, 2014

Mini Summer Vacation

Each summer I take one week from my extremely busy schedule to go on a vacation with my son. Even though I am not a great vacationer I love vacations because It gives me a time to relax and rejuvenate.

However, this year my sister was vacationing from Jamaica,so we planned a mini staycation for her visit.  Yes, we vacationed with her when we took a trip to Jamaica this past Easter, however, my son and I were ecstatic that she was coming to visit.

Activity Recap


pedicure
Day one- after I shipped son off to summer camp for another day, my sister and I had a girls day out; which included a manicure, pedicure, a facial and a massage. Not the sexiest toes around town but in my eyes the prettiest.  We had a blast laughing, talking and making fun of the other patrons while we where undergoing our treatments. It was a fabulous day.









We spent day two of our vacation at the Bronx Zoo, yes the famous Bronx Zoo. The Bronx Zoo is an oasis in the middle of NYC and we had a great day visiting the animals.  My son was so excited to visit the reptile house; so I had to suck it up and be patient and calm while he ran from display to display.  My sister waited outside while we meandered through the reptile house.

 I felt like I was walking through a natgeo program. We saw tigers, bears, bald eagles, a rhino, seals and even took a trip to Madagascar were we encountered different species of Lemurs.  Unfortunately the monkey house was closed, but a ride on the butterfly carousel soothed my disappointed son. We had a great day and will surely redo this trip in the future.


Day three was a day of excitement, we spent it at Rye Playland, an amusement park in Rye NY.  We got there at opening time and spent most of the day on the many heart stopping rides.  Our lunch tab from zoo thought us a lesson, so we packed a picnic basket with water, juice, snack and sandwiches.

My favorite ride was the Gondola wheel which I had to convince my son was not scary even though it was the biggest in the park.  We rode the Gondola twice because he wanted the see the park from the top one more time; yes he was convinced.  He rode almost all the kiddy rides and quite a few of the family rides.  My sister and I took turns going with him on the rides he could not go on alone.  One such ride was the go-carts which he did twice.

Let me tell you! those kiddy rides are deceiving, I was that parent who was screaming bloody murder.  Yes, I went on one with him called music express, well let me  tell you all was left for me was to start crying for my mom.  The final straw came when all three of us went on the wipe-out ride, which we figure would be a nice twirl around.  Oh no! I almost lost my breakfast, yes I screamed and even my son the little " I'm am not afraid" started crying.

All in all it was a good-day which ended with my son crying because her wanted to stay because the other kids go to stay.

The final day we figured we should all relaxed and enjoy our time together but it did not work out that way.  my sister spent the day in Manhattan with friends, my son went to the movies and arcade with his summer camp (he wanted to watch "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles").  I spent my day school shopping.  I was a great day for all.

This was a great mini vacation and I'm already missing my sis.


No comments:

Post a Comment