Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Healthy Hair Journey

I have made a pack with myself that I would go on a healthy hair journey for one year.  I am now in my sixth month and I have spent a lot of money on hair products, spent a lot of time reading hair blogs and watching you-tube videos.  I'm saying all this to say that in six months I have amassed quite a bit of knowledge about hair care, products and ingredients.  Which is all lovely, but one thing I wished I could get out of my head is this nonsense about natural versus relaxed (premed or cream) hair.  I think is just another way for black women to berate and belittle each other.  That being said I love the movement and will continue to be a part of it.

During this journey I have tried plenty of products but I found out about Ettenio ( ettenio.wordpress.com/our-products/) ( a Jamaican made natural product haircare brand ) while watching a video by Viv hair therapy JA ( http://youtu.be/2lvqC6-GXPQ) and just had to get my hands on a few of the products.  Needless to say when I was on my vacation in Jamaica, I hastily found a pharmacy that sold Ettenio products and bought one or two of each item.   Viv raved review of their products is warranted and I am loving how my hair feels how it is looking and the rate at which it has grown in the two months since I have started using these products.  My mom who's hair was so dry and brittle and broke when you looked at it; is know striving.  Last weekend when I washed and cornrow it for her the few hair that was in the comb was unbelievable. 

Ettenio keep it up because I will certainly be investing more of my money in your products.





No comments:

Post a Comment